I make every effort to be compliant with DGPR regulations and basic human decency. There are a few things you should know:
If you contact me, or provide your email or other data on any form or pop-up associated with this blog, I will use this data to contact you about promotions, news, and random musings. Whenever I do this, you will be given the option to opt-out with a simple click.
This site uses third party software from companies including WordPress, Leadpages, MailChimp, and others. Some of these services will place cookies on your device and/or collect data for Google Analytics and other purposes. Most of these companies claim they’re doing everything they can to be DGPR compliant. I trust them.
Let me be blunt. If you don’t want these third parties to track you, stay away from this site.
I use these third-party services because I am not a programmer and I have no idea how cookies or analytics work. If you want to read my content, you give consent for these things to happen. Big Brother is watching, in case you didn’t already know this.
If you’re a digital cop from the European Union, please understand that I’m doing my best to follow your rules, even though I and most of my readers are not EU citizens.
For everybody else, I’ll do my best not to spam you, and I will never willingly share your information with anyone else. For more information, please check out the legalese below:
Personally identifiable information provided by participants (name, email or home address, etc.) is never disclosed to any individual or business. We never reveal, sell, or make available your email address to anyone for any purpose.
In order to provide visitors with greater value, some of our pages may provide links to various third party websites. In no case is subscriber information or ‘cookies’ provided to the third party sites.
However, keep in mind that many sites do attempt to capture visitor information when you browse those sites. Once you leave our site, we are not able to alert you should another site attempt to gather information from your browser.
1. Do not reprint, republish, repost, or otherwise distribute or transmit content or images presented on this site. Downloading is easy, but just because you may be able to copy our content doesn’t mean you own it. Unauthorized use of or copying of our content, trademarks, and other proprietary material can subject you to civil or even criminal liability. Please don’t violate our copyright.
2. Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others.
3. Forum moderators have the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not Jacob Bear. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
4. No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings.
5. Treat other subscribers with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups.
6. When you post content of any kind, you permit this site to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.
Copyright and Trademark Law
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied or re-used without the express written permission of Jacob Bear, who reserves all rights.
Limitation of Liability
THIS WEB SITE PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS WEB SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA THAT RESULTS. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WEB SITE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS WEB SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW.